Lesson ends at noon and we went to their new canteen (they called it CANTING) for lunch!! I think today was their first day of business! I saw many daisy flower basket outside their entrance and was tempted to pluck one back to hostel, but I didn’t!
The place is new and clean. Food is nice + CHIP!
After lunch we set off to our nearby streets to explore on the shops.
Something I want to mention again is their customer service! :(
My friends were choosing some DVD at this shop and this shop owner was so impatient and seems to be rushing them to choose the DVD. The reason was because she was initially playing poke cards with her friends (neighboring shop owners) beside her shop! Her friends were staring at us and waited. I still saw one of them shake her head! My friends were choosing the shows and it’s definitely got to take some time to flip through what are the shows available. So the aunty is getting impatient to serve them. Might as well she don’t open shop!
Therefore I still think Singapore did a better job although we would still encounter some bad service back home. However, I feel that majority of Singapore customer service is good.
China people are used to their service ‘style’ here so they find it ok! I wonder how they would feel when they encounter good customer service in other countries.
Dinner time! Guess what day is today? It’s TEACHERS DAY!
HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY TO ALL MY TEACHERS!
We decided to date our dearest Mr Puah for dinner tonight to celebrate teacher’s day! We also invited mr wong choon fatt along! We went to a restaurant near WUST. We had good food today, again!
Guess how much was that? It cost 27 rmb each. Although it’s cheap, the food has the same standard of the restaurants in Singapore! (don’t pray pray~) and also, we bought them mini-size cake!!! and also sang them teacher's day song with "happy birthday" melody.
SS, chin xiang and I bought it at the bakery shop behind our hostel and it only cost 8 rmb. Cheaper than Singapore!! BUT BUT BUT. 一分钱,一分货. Their cakes are made of 70% cream. So unhealthy! Therefore they still couldn’t beat the standard of Singapore. And I rather pay more!
· FYI: the cake really tasted SO CREAM! We tried it because Mr Puah and Mr Wong shared the cake with all of us!
And also, Suelyn said she heard from the china student volunteer, Daisy, that they don’t often eat macdonalds because they are too expensive. Omg? Their Mac here is even cheaper than our country and for them they feel that it’s expensive and yet the Macs in Singapore are always packed with people!! Their standard of living is really low.
After hearing, I suddenly feel that I’m so fortunate to be a Singaporean! I’m very grateful that my parents enable me to 吃的饱,睡得好. Haha!
I heard from the ECE students that somebody’s thing (in the hostel) were stolen as there was thief at level 3 and 6. Anyway it’s not any of our students but it’s scary! Such things are common over here. Take more precaution!
Back to hostel and time to wash clothes, blog and sleep!
Usual stuffs are happening everyday!
But guess my job is not so simple, because Mr Puah just gave us 2 case studies!!! SO, MY LIFE IS GETTING TOUGHER BY EACH DAY AHHAHA.
No comments:
Post a Comment