Sunday, September 7, 2008

day twelve


finally we took a group photo in school!
Visited coca cola factory today! All of us got a free bottle of coke and I supposed they re-use the glass bottles for the visitors! Because they told us to put the glass bottles back to the box after we finish drinking (however some of them kept it). We saw the process of manufacturing and the conveyor belts that are transporting the bottles looks nice! We saw how the bottles are rinsed and capped. Too bad can’t take photo inside there!
I find that working there seems fun!
HAHA!
all girls

combined division group photo!
We left the factory and bus driver going to drop us at 步行街again!
It means spending money again! SIGH.
We all had 必胜客 for lunch!
Knows what’s 必胜客?
It is PIZZA HUT! Their menu is different from Singapore! They only have set meals for the new launched pizza unlike Singapore where they offer family set meals. Therefore we ordered ala cart.


i saw this ah pek who's searching for cans or bottles in the bin. very sad because it's very common in china. ( even in sg we can see old people doing that too )

After dinner we left the big group and we went to shop! I think we really walked for 100000000000000km and feet really ache now! Because we can’t resist not to shop hahahha!
I saw a few things that I wanted to buy, but I tried to control myself as much as possible because I can foresee that I will declare bankrupt before the last week in wuhan. So after much ‘struggling’, I still bought a top! And some other little little things.

Fyi: china uncle sneezes loudly in the public which can SHOCK you :) they are not embarrass at all. It scared me just now!

Fyi 2: They spit everywhere they go. In china, we don’t only look out for cars but also look out for people splitting! If not, they will shoot you!

After all the walking, we wanted to go back already (like finally because we walked from around 12pm to 7pm)!
*legs were very x1000000 tired

We decided to take the ferry from the武汉关port (near步行街) to武昌 via 长江. So from there we will take cab back to hostel!
However, we are noobs as we walked to the wrong direction (冤枉路)! And the most unlucky person is willis because he was “harassed” by a small girl who was selling roses! She pestered wiliis in the middle of the road to buy her flower and she even sat on the floor and grabbed his leg! VERY EXAGGERATING. The whole scene was dramatic! I should’ve video it down hahhah! After that willis was saved by the 3 heroines (US, OF COURSE :p) and the girl finally released him.
The little girl is really a poor thing. We must know how fortunate we are because we don’t have to sell roses (for just 2 rmb a stalk) to earn a living!
She’s so skinny and her clothes seemed dirty.
After all we still found our way to the port by seeking some help of the people. Although one of them said their local language that we don’t understand. But at least we can roughly understand a little by her actions of the direction she’s pointing.
FINALLY REACHED! very lucky because we still managed to take the last ferry which leave at 8pm!


people waiting for ferry

once the gate opened, everyone chiong in and the seats were all filled in few secs! we stood at the side and had a clear view of the night sceneries! very beautiful and it's very windy too!

Along the way back, mum called! So I told her what happened here! I mentioned about food and I told her I really miss her cooking!! Now then I know how well my mum cooks. Hahah!

No comments: