Sunday, August 31, 2008

day seven

Another day had passed! Today is Sunday and it’s a week since I reached wuhan. Luckily everything is fine here! :D 5 more weeks to go, jiayou vivien!

We are supposed to meet at 8.45am in the bus today but we reached at 8.50am instead. The trip coordinator was angry and lectures us a little before we can board the bus. Quite embarrassing because we stood there like primary school kids and got scolded by a teacher where the whole bus is able to see this! I’ll make sure not to be late the next time.

The friendly tour guide was here again! Telling us more about china and their history. Our first stop was to the hankou jiangtan park(汉口江滩)for sightseeing and photo taking! It is situated beside changjiang (长江) which is中国第一大河.Very very long! It links up many places of china! Tour guide gave us free time to walk around the park by ourselves whereby the rest of them went for church.

PEOPLE. SEE THIS:
the one with that unique position is suelyn
The reason because she slipped and fell!! but yet she's so happy and wanted another shot!

See ME?

Sweet old couple! :)


boy boy in the popular kid's pants of china. the back of the pants got opening!

:D
After one hour plus of roaming around, we met up with the rest and we took a walk to the nearby popular shopping area “武汉步行街”. Finally, here’s my shopping! I saw that people are mostly teenagers because the place is selling more of teenager’s clothes. Moreover, I saw many nike shops! I wonder if nike is very popular here? There’s many other sports shops of different brands, mostly china brands. I think that china people are sporty!


Frankly I think that their fashion sense is really different from us Singaporeans. They don’t wear shorts, they don’t wear slippers, and they don’t walk like how we walk on the road. We walk and play around but they don’t. (they a bit no life :x)
However, I love the tees I bought! I spent 296rmb on shopping today excluding my lunch, whereby my lunch is very delicious+cheap! We ate at the Korean restaurant which cost around 37 rmb each and we are able to grill the food ourselves!
We received good service from the staff leader as she was there helping us with the grilling almost throughout! I think she knows we are foreigners and we don’t know how to! She’s also 18 years old and she’s already a staff leader! She told us she’s out in the society to work since she’s 15 years old. Now I know how fortunate I am! When I was 15 I’m a carefree teenager and always hang out with my friends after school!
Korean Restaurant


After shopping we walked back to take the excursion bus back to school. Tour guide said she’s going to meet us again after 2 weeks (I think) I guess it’s because we are having this kind of excursion again 2weeks later!

When back and we went out again to play volleyball! We went to the volleyball court next to our hostel. Hurt my thumb after awhile and it went slightly swollen. So I stopped playing after that because it’s pain! (because of this it took me much effort to wash and squeeze my clothes just now!)

For your info: There are badminton courts, table tennis, volleyball and basketball courts beside our hostel. And since tomorrow is the school reopening of their uni students, all of them are back at their hostel and now the courts are all packed! Very exaggerating and now I feel that china students are not as lazy like Singaporeans! Singaporean students only know how to play dota (no offence guys HAHA), msn, and all the online stuffs etc! We are too reliable on technology!
Now I want to strive to become a cheena, not by speaking their ascent and speaks loudly but to KEEP FIT AND STAY HEALTHY by spending all my free time playing sports! (Possibility=0.0005%)

Moreover, we went to watch the basketball game between the cheena and the guys from ECE (our ngee ann students) for a short while. However, I realized that the ball procession is
SINGAPORE:30%
CHINA:70%
How to win?
Although the ECE students play like a pro(means many stuns) but it’s more important to have the skill right? No wonder Singapore team forever cannot get into Olympics. =x

After that some of us went for jogging. This time we jogged for a longer distance. Feeling good again after sweating!! It tells me that I’m healthier!
We had bread for dinner and oreo biscuits. I’m really tired to think of what to eat everyday already.
CHINA! Can your food don’t be so oily and salty!!!

No comments: